In a van on the roads of Champagne!
Enjoy a discovery afternoon or a full day trip to Champagne, in a comfortable, air-conditioned van.
An unusual getaway in the heart of the vineyards
Discover Angelique’s escapade or the Discovery Afternoon
A one-day getaway, or an afternoon of discovery in Champagne in a comfortable, air-conditioned van!
Depending on the formula chosen, the one-day getaway “Angelique’s escapade” or the afternoon discovery, Angélique, your guide will meet you at Reims central station or at the tourist office in Reims or Epernay, for a departure from 9:00 a.m. (day trip) or 1:30 p.m./2:00 p.m. (discovery afternoon).
Departure address: Reims or Épernay, at the Tourist Office
Tous les jours, sur réservation.
Angélique’s escapade (1 day):
9:00 a.m. – Meet 15 minutes in advance.
– Reims Tourist Office, Reims center station, 51100 REIMS
– Epernay Tourist Office, 7 avenue de Champagne, 51200 EPERNAY
Discovery afternoon (1/2 day):
1:30 p.m. – Reims Tourist Office, Reims center train station, 51100 REIMS
2 p.m. – Epernay Tourist Office, 7 avenue de Champagne, 51200 EPERNAY
Around 6:00 p.m. – Reims or Epernay Tourist Office.
- Transport with driver guide in a comfortable van.
- Pick-up at Reims center train station, or at the Epernay Tourist Office.
- Return to Reims center station, or to the Epernay Tourist Office.
- Local and bilingual French/English wine tourism guide.
- Tastings of several Champagnes.
(Discovery afternoon: 3 tastings at each winegrower, i.e. 6 in total. One-day getaway: Same + a glass of wine).
- Visits to a Grande Maison de Champagne and a small independent winegrower.
- Lunch in a French cuisine restaurant.
- Personal expenses
- Additional drinks.
- Small group tour, 8 people maximum.
- Minimum age 10 years.
- Not accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Cancellation conditions: full refund up to 24 hours in advance or postponement of the date if possible.
Lunch: in case of food allergy or special diet, please indicate it when booking.
- Van sanitized at every turn.
- Disinfectant gel provided.
- Vaccination pass required.
- Mandatory masks in public space.
Champagne only comes from Champagne !
It is there and nowhere else in the world that the most famous wine was born. For all that, the northern situation combined with the destructive frosts of winter and may did not predict this miracle!
But the particularity of the soil and the subsoil composed of limestone as well as the constant rains and the hot summer days became the real assets of the Champagne vineyard.
Here, the black pinots noirs, meunier and the white chardonnay take the time to reach an optimal maturity by keeping the essential acidity for the elaboration of Champagne.
Located 150 km east of Paris, the production area covers 34,000 hectares (84 000 acres) in 5 departments and includes 320 “crus” or villages.
It is a real mosaic with its 276,000 plots of land where the winegrower works the land and the vines with care day after day to extract its typicality, its taste of the “terroir”.
Champagne is unique but Champagne is multiple!
To join me it’s simple, head east! Direction Épernay, historical heart of the divine wine and its famous “avenue de Champagne” where the great houses were born.
Domains such as Moët et Chandon, Perrier-Jouët, Pol Roger have competed in architectural audacity and magnificence to give champagne its letters of nobility. They are in tune with the reputation of the wine that ages in their cellars.
History, landscapes, skies, meetings and good wines are on the program!